Like I said last week, I’m surprised the Lucia Delphinium Shawl Sweater lasted long enough on the sales floor at Anthropologie to be marked all the way down to $19.95! If I could’ve bought the digital pattern knit at its original price of $248.00 I probably would’ve; and following the first markdown to $129.95 I was entertaining the idea even more. I must have missed it when it was marked down to $39.95, because I definitely would have bought it then; but thankfully I spotted it once again after the final markdown – and ended up saving even more! (Luckily, I got the last one in stock!)
Everyone else must not have seen the potential in this unique, versatile piece like I did or I’m sure they would’ve scooped it up much sooner! The innovative design allows for a ton of options when wearing this hand-knit top. I spent some time playing around with it over the past week & check out some of the different ways I styled it…
1. Buttoned all the way up in the front & the back
2. Basically worn in reverse – with the cozy wrap in front & pop of pattern in the back
3. This is probably the most creative way I could wear this piece – here I’ve unbuttoned the top entirely then wrapped the two panels around to the back. A single button at the bottom secures it in place and wha-lah – thick-knit sweater turned twist-front top!
4. Here, I swung the shrug around again so the pattern’s on the back. Either wear the poncho loosely draped like this or undo the top button and sling an arm though for a one-shoulder look
5. With the simple oblong shape, when totally undone the sweater turns into a standard scarf that can be simply wrapped around your neck
6. Or, left open & looped through, the sweater can be wrapped like a handkerchief scarf
7. Buttoned up the front but left open in the back, now it’s baggy like a blanket (a stylish snuggie perhaps?)
8. This is my 2nd favorite way I styled the sweater – into a one-shoulder top! Simply shift it to the side & slide an arm though; buttons line the single slouchy sleeve while the other shoulder stays exposed.
9. With all but the top button undone & the back left open the sweater is now a cape vest. Other obvious variations would be to only fasten the center button, or the bottom 3 buttons, or every other button. Ok, ok, not really…now I’m getting a little carried away – but you get the idea!
See what I mean?! There’s so many ways to style this super-soft sweater…and to pay only $19.95 for it – that’s what I call a steal! If you divide the 9 different ways I styled it by the price I paid, that comes down to $2.20 a look. (And that’s just counting what I showed you – there’s no doubt even more ways this top can be worn!)
A practical purchase?? – I’d say so! Would you have bought this unusual piece had you come across it? What price would’ve you been willing to pay? And lastly, which way is your fav?